- To create a happy, safe and stimulating, child centred, environment.
- To acknowledge that a child naturally wants to learn, and should be allowed to develop at their own pace.
- To treat each child with respect and as an individual.
- To strengthen a child’s positive attitude towards themselves and others.
- To provide a solid foundation, from which the child can grow to be a competent, confident learner for life.
- To introduce the child to the Montessori materials, which encourage independence, concentration and social skills.
- To ensure that each child feels nurtured and an important member of the group.